CALL FOR PROPOSALS
REQUEST FOR CURATORIAL PROPOSALS | 2018 Season
The deadline for this call has passed. Please check back for 2019 season call, which will be shared in November/December 2018.
EFA Project Space is currently seeking exhibition proposals for its 2018 season. We invite curators, artists, organizations, collectives, cultural producers, and thinkers of all kinds to submit preliminary ideas for thought-provoking exhibitions to be mounted in our multi-disciplinary art venue. Exhibitions may last from 6 to 8 weeks and include up to 10 artists. Letters of inquiry (LOI) are due by January 23, 2017, and those of interest will be invited to submit a full proposal. Selected exhibitions will be scheduled between January - December, 2018.
When envisioning the scale and demands of your project, keep in mind that exhibition budgets average between $7,000.00 and $8,000.00 (for everything beyond admin support and space) and do not cover travel, international shipping, or construction. You do not need to submit a budget for the letter of inquiry.
EFA Project Space supports:
- joint collaborations with arts organizations whose missions intersect with our own;
- artist-curated exhibitions that represent important developments from within an artist community;
- independent curator projects that provide conceptual and theory based frameworks;
- process based exercises, encouraging experimentation through the creation of new work;
- dynamic, interactive projects that challenge the standard exhibition format
January 23, 2017
LETTER OF INQUIRY FORM
Please submit your letter of inquiry via our Google Form.
- Website (optional)
- Please provide a description of the proposed project. In addition to the curatorial premise, please address the following questions: What problem(s) does the proposed project address? How would the space at EFA be considered over the course of the exhibition? (800 words)
- List two past EFA Project Space exhibitions that interest you, and explain why (200 words)
The following materials are required and must be emailed to Meghana Karnik, Program Manager (email@example.com) to complete your letter of inquiry:
- A preliminary artist list (6 - 10 artists), accompanied by one work sample (image or video link) and a one sentence description per artist. The list should be formatted in a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
- Curator’s CV